Welfare Rights Adviser (outreach)
Salary: £25,183 pro rata (£15,110 actual) plus contributory workplace pension
Working hours: 3 days per week (0.6 FTE)
Contract: Fixed term of 2 years
Closing date: Monday 3rd June 2019 (at 12:00 noon)
Interviews: Week beginning 10th June 2019
This is a new and exciting opportunity to develop and deliver a fully independent welfare benefits advice and casework service dedicated to tenants of a local housing association. The post has been initially funded by the housing association for two years.
Coventry Independent Advice Service offers community advice services across Coventry and holds the Advice Quality Standard (AQS) for casework in welfare benefits and debt.
You will deliver a welfare benefits advice and casework service, mainly by home visits but also using community venues and digital/telephony as appropriate. There will be opportunity to tailor delivery methods to the needs of our clients and to develop new ways of working that could be modelled across the city.
You will work closely with tenants and become a valuable asset for the local community. You will form relationships with partner agencies and key stakeholders and will closely monitor outcomes. You will largely work remotely, backed by locally recruited volunteers, while benefiting from being part of our friendly team with full access to support, resources and expert supervision. You will work within the aims, policies and principles of our service and towards Advice Quality Standard (AQS) requirements.
You will have significant recent experience of delivering welfare benefits advice, ideally in an organisation where a commitment to empowerment and high quality is paramount. You will have an excellent knowledge of social security law and the ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of cultures and backgrounds.
You will have an awareness of wider social welfare issues, such as debt and housing issues, being able to signpost and refer where further help is needed. You will have a keen interest in delivering services for communities, be client-focused and demonstrate a positive and flexible approach.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why should I join Coventry Independent Advice Service?
- A competitive salary, 25 days paid holiday (on top of public holidays) and 5% employer pension contributions.
- We work as a team and encourage everyone to share ideas and to continue learning, giving you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally in a supportive environment.
- A friendly, open plan, workplace within a building shared with two other local client-focused charities.
- We use AdvicePro and Office365 to enable remote working and are keen to further develop the use of technology to support our service.
- You can be part of our success! Last year, we helped local people to secure over £3 million in benefits and to manage nearly £1 million of debt. As well as the direct impact on individuals and families, we estimate our activity is worth over £9 million to the city as our clients mainly spend this money locally.
How to apply
You can download the application pack from the link at the bottom of this page.
Please read all the information carefully and return the application form by 12 noon on Monday 3rd June 2019.
All applicants should also complete our online Equality & Diversity monitoring form as part of the application process. There is also a link to this in the application pack.
For an informal discussion about the role, or if you have trouble accessing the documents, please contact email@example.com
Coventry Independent Advice Service strives to be an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications regardless of your age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or race.
Please ensure that you fully complete the application form, explaining (with examples) how you meet the job description and person specification. You must address each of the items on the person specification for the role.