Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Through volunteering, you can help to make a positive difference to the lives of people in Coventry. The contribution of volunteers is vital to our work and we want your time with us to be rewarding and enjoyable.
We know that people volunteer for many reasons; perhaps to give something back to the local community or get valuable work experience.
Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’Doctor Martin Luther King Jr
Coventry Independent Advice Service (CIAS) is a registered charity providing independent advice and information on welfare benefits and debt/money problems. Our service is free, confidential and available to anyone living in Coventry.
- We help to identify and claim benefits, to challenge decisions, to advise on strategies for dealing with problem debt, and to provide information and support on a range of other social welfare issues.
- Our vision is for a city of empowered citizens. By offering a high-quality advice service, and helping people to make informed decisions, we can make a real difference to individuals, families and the wider community.
- We can also use evidence gained from our service delivery to feed into local and national policy initiatives to influence lasting change.
- At the heart of our strategy is a commitment to reducing inequality and improving quality of life within the city of Coventry.
What can I do to help?
As a volunteer, you can get involved in many different activities. These include:
Administration and office support
- Providing much needed support in the office with answering the telephone and fielding queries.
- Helping with paperwork and other essential office tasks.
- Signposting and giving information to clients who contact us.
Money Advice Support
- Supporting clients to make debt enquires, including helping to gather information.
- Keeping our creditor database up to date and any other administration required by our advisers.
- Helping clients to complete Charity and Trust Fund Applications.
Form filling support
- Supporting our clients to complete benefit claim forms such as Personal Independence Payment and Work Capability Assessment.
- Helping to manage case files using our secure online database.
- Providing clients with help including signposting, information and following up on claim outcomes.
Social media and marketing
- Developing publicity and marketing materials.
- Helping us to improve our use of social media and our website.
- Attending events to promote the work of CIAS.
Helping to raise funds
- Organizing local community fundraising events.
- Working with other agencies and local businesses to develop sources of support.
- Getting involved in fundraising campaigns.
How to apply?
Please read the relevant role description and use the application guidance to help you complete the application form. Please return your completed application form, along with the equality & diversity monitoring form to email@example.com. You can download all the documents below.
Please email or call 024 7562 1100 if you need any further information and advice.
Many thanks for taking an interest in volunteering for us. We look forward to hearing from you!