Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Friday 12th October 2018 at Warwick Road Church, 10 Warwick Row, Coventry CV1 1EX. The meeting will start at 12 noon and some refreshments will be served afterwards.
We hold an Annual General Meeting to:
- receive a report on our achievements over the past year;
- elect members of our Trustee Board for the coming year;
- consider and approve our annual financial accounts; and
- make any changes to our constitution.
This year, our Guest Speaker will be Tara Mulqueen, assistant professor of law at the University of Warwick, who will address the topic: “The Possibilities and Challenges of Public Legal Education.”
In this talk, Tara will provide an introduction to the ideas and practices of public legal education (PLE), focusing on some practical ways that PLE can help meet local legal needs as well as some common challenges in implementing PLE in advice services. She will also introduce a new clinical module in public legal education starting at Warwick Law School this year.
Tara specialises in public legal education, co-operatives and social economy, and critical legal studies. She has previously worked as the education coordinator for Law for Life: The Foundation for Public Legal Education.
Our complete annual report for the 2017/18 financial year is now available on request – we are unable to host it directly on our site due to the file size. Our independently examined financial account for 2017/18 can be viewed here and will also be available shortly on the Charity Commission website.
This year, we are recommending the appointment of three new Trustees and the re-election of three current Trustees. The three applicants for new Trustee positions are:
- Simon Betteridge, Lead Chaplain & Bereavement Services Manager, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Rachel Power, Law Student, Coventry University
- Caroline Read, Mental Health and Money Advice Service Manager, Rethink Mental Illness
The existing members seeking re-election are: