We have a new salaried opportunity to join our advice team as a Money Advice Manager.
Money Advice Manager
Location: Coventry, West Midlands
Salary scale: Up to £30,692 (with further pay award pending) plus contributory workplace pension scheme
Working hours: Full time (37 hours)
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019 (12 noon)
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd January 2019
Why not make it your New Year resolution to further your career with a dynamic community-focused charity?!
Coventry Independent Advice Service aims to empower Coventry residents, and reduce inequality and poverty, through the provision of high-quality advice, information and support. Our advice is mainly delivered ‘where people are’, in their own communities, from a mix of outreach venues across the city.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us as our Money Advice Manager to work alongside our Director of Service and our Welfare Benefits Manager to help achieve our objectives.
The Money Advice Manager is a key role within the charity and the successful candidate will need to be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to shaping our money advice service delivery.
The post holder will undertake a crucial role in:
- Leading, managing and supervising a small team of advisors ensuring the delivery of high-quality debt advice.
- Facilitating the provision of debt advice with a view to assisting clients to maximise income and minimise any indebtedness they have, meeting overall charity objectives of addressing poverty and inequality in the city.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for service development.
- Monitoring and managing performance, carrying out quality checks and addressing under-performance as appropriate.
- Managing their own caseload and ensuring that individual and team outputs and outcomes (e.g. financial gains, people assisted, etc.) are maximised.
You will have a track record of leading, motivating and effectively managing others, ideally in an organisation where a commitment to quality standards is paramount. You will also have significant recent experience of working as a specialist debt adviser and be able to interpret legislation, policy and guidance.
Why should I join Coventry Independent Advice Service?
- A competitive salary, 25 days paid holiday (on top of public holidays) and 3% employer pension contributions.
- We work as a team and encourage everyone to share ideas and to continue learning, giving you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally in a supportive environment.
- A friendly, open plan, workplace within a building shared with two other local client-focused charities.
- We use AdvicePro and Office365 to enable remote working and are keen to further develop the use of technology to support our service.
- You can be part of our success! Last year, we helped local people to secure over £3 million in benefits and to manage nearly £1 million of debt. As well as the direct impact on individuals and families, we estimate our activity is worth over £9 million to the city as our clients mainly spend this money locally.
How to apply
You can download the application pack from the links below.
Please read all the information carefully and return your completed Application Form, and online Equality and Diversity monitoring form, by the closing date indicated.
Please ensure that you fully complete the application form, explaining (with examples) how you meet the job description and person specification. Please do not send any CV’s as they will be disregarded. You must address each of the items on the person specification for the role.
- Advice for job applicants
- Job description and person specification
- Application Form
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
All applicants should also complete our online Equality & Diversity monitoring form as part of the application process.
For an informal discussion about the role, or if you have trouble accessing any of the documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Coventry Independent Advice Service strives to be an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications regardless of your age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or race.