Salary: £21,968 (point 5) to £25,183 (point 9) plus 5% employer contribution to NEST pension scheme (NB: appointment will usually be at point 5 of the scale)
Working hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Closing date: Tues 22nd October 2019 (at 2.00 pm)
Interviews: Tues 29th October (provisional date)
Coventry Independent Advice Service offers community advice services across Coventry and holds the Advice Quality Standard (AQS) for casework in welfare benefits and debt.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our advice team. You will help to deliver a welfare benefits and debt advice and casework service, mainly at community venues and using digital/telephony as appropriate.
You will work with individuals and families and become a valuable asset within the community. You will mainly work remotely, backed by locally recruited volunteers, while benefiting from being part of our friendly team with full access to support, resources and expert supervision. You will work within the aims, policies and principles of our service and towards Advice Quality Standard (AQS) requirements.
You will have significant recent experience of advice delivery, ideally in an organisation where a commitment to empowerment and high quality is paramount. You will have a good knowledge of social security issues and the ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of cultures and backgrounds. If you have experience of debt advice that would be advantage, although appropriate training will be provided.
You will have an awareness of wider social welfare issues, being able to signpost and refer where further help is needed. You will have a keen interest in delivering services for communities, be client-focused and demonstrate a positive and flexible approach.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Why should I join Coventry Independent Advice Service?
- A competitive salary, 25 days paid holiday (on top of public holidays) and 5% employer pension contributions.
- We work as a team and encourage everyone to share ideas and to continue learning, giving you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally in a supportive environment.
- A friendly, open plan, workplace within a building shared with two other local client-focused charities.
- We use AdvicePro and Office365 to enable remote working and are keen to further develop the use of technology to support our service.
- You can be part of our success! Last year, we helped local people to secure over £3 million in benefits and to manage nearly £1 million of debt. As well as the direct impact on individuals and families, we estimate our activity is worth over £9 million to the city as our clients mainly spend this money locally.
How to apply
You can download the application pack from the link at the bottom of this page.
Please read all the information carefully and return the application form by 2pm on Tues 22nd October 2019.
All applicants should also complete our online Equality & Diversity monitoring form as part of the application process. There is also a link to this in the application pack.
For an informal discussion about the role, or if you have trouble accessing the documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Coventry Independent Advice Service strives to be an equal opportunities employer and we encourage applications regardless of your age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or race.
Please ensure that you fully complete the application form, explaining (with examples) how you meet the job description and person specification. You must address each of the items on the person specification for the role.